Sunday, July 17, 2011

Fanatical About Botanical 2

I thought I would do a series of botanicals, I enjoyed the first one so much. (well, I don't know if 2 count as a series, ha! I may do more) This is for the Moxie Fab Fanatical About Botanical challenge. I had practiced the background, but some of the ink from the first vellum image damaged it, so I cut it off, and this is what is left. So I decided to do the poppy from the SU Botanical set.
I have ALWAYS been of the opinion that a poppy should be red! I know there are different colors of poppies, but when I think of one, they are always red in my mind. So, this one is very different for me. I colored it the same way that I colored the butterfly in the previous card. I used markers on the backside of the vellum, then added the brighter highlights to the front. Again, the flower in the background is done with an aquapen.

10 comments:

  1. LOve the softer colors on your poppy ... lovely botanical design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a winning concept here - so inspirational and so beautiful! This says botanical to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - love your vellum coloring!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure, two count as a series! I can't decide which is my favorite...they are both so lovely. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Veronica! Thanks again for linking up to the Fanatical About Botanical challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty botanical card!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Veronica! Thanks also for linking this up to the Horizontal Sketch challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning! Love the vellum overlay. Our Arizona poppies are orange and yours is just as pretty.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your sweet comments!