Sunday, January 31, 2010

Early Bird Paper

i am loving this Cosmo Cricket paper called Early Bird.
i am entering a contest on scs for spring cards. i made the one below, but dave said it wasn't springy, so i made this one above. i think spring means flowers.
once again, i have done paper piecing on both cards.
i love the matching boots and coat. i wish i had one as cute! i cut out a mask so that i could sponge the blue sky background, and while the paper was still wet, i went back in with my aquapen to darken the edges. i think i have used up all of my red buttons on just these 2 cards. you know i love buttons!


4 comments:

  1. Can you enter both cards?! That "When is Spring?" card is so cute!! That is what it really is like this time of year, huh??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just said it is not springy because it is snowing! I hope that it is not still snowing in the spring or I am gonna be really bummed out. Great card though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic cards! Love the creative take on Spring on the second one. Awesome job with those gorgeous papers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I adore these cards! This Cosmo Cricket paper is the best! I love the idea of the second card for Spring. I think it's what's on all our minds right now!

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your sweet comments!