Saturday, August 30, 2008

"Green" Grocery Totes

ok, here is what i have been up to this week. michelle has been encouraging me to make easier totes to sell at the henderson arts & crafts fair. so i found some decorator fabrics on clearance and put woven belting as the handles.
i also surged the seams, so hopefully there will be less raveling on the inside.

i had just enough left over on this shell fabric to make a pocket for the inside.



let me know what you think about the pocket, and if you like them, i will try to find enough to put them in the rest of the totes.







i also squared off the bottoms. it makes them a little roomier.
this is such a happy fabric. i wish i could find more of it.





4 comments:

  1. good thing you surged those seams.
    as soon as i saw them i thought, i hope they have been properly surged, so you can imagine my relief when i read that yes, they are indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pocket-- a little something extra is always a good idea. Great totes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these totes!! We are going to have a good festival!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of the grocery tote. I use these all the time. It is my one thing for the enviroment. I think they would sell very well and with the pocket it makes them more versatile. Who can't always use an extra tote.

    ReplyDelete

thank you so much for your sweet comments!